Monday, December 17, 2007

Identity and Irrelevant Both Start With I….

I have no identity on purpose. Reason being, it is truly irrelevant. Granted some of my postings will have a slanted view, and quite simply a bit of a slant on occasion is important to generate discussion. We are all learning, all soaking up information to make our decisions on where we stand and what we believe in.

If you haven’t noticed I attempt in most cases to cite my sources. Most of my opinion will show in the observation of behavior, which is hard to cite sources on unless you are a psychologist. I have noticed on blogs, especially the Times, that most bloggers don’t really care what they are writing, and on multiple occasions are writing with fabricated grounds, or no grounds at all. This is the primary reason for citing my sources.

There are times that I look at a subject, and miss consideration of a portion that I didn’t think about, hence my draw to blogging and to listening to other people’s opinion. I truly do like to hear other opinions, even Keith Meyer’s, and on occasion especially Keith’s. So speaking of Keith, he is offering a rubber key to the city if someone can guess what Davenport city staff member I am. Well, I hate to disappoint, but nobody knows my identity, and it will stay that way on purpose. I am simply stating opinions and citing the sources that I form that opinion from. I point out inconsistencies, all while trying to give the situation the benefit of the doubt. So, if you happen to disagree with me, which I’m sure many people will, quit spending your time trying to find out who I am, and structure an argument to back your opinion. One could even make it credible and cite their sources. In the end, regardless of whether I’m arguing with Keith, Craig Malin, Ed Winborn, Hamerlinck, Boom, Justin, Barnhill, Ambrose, Lynn, etc. the same thing will happen, I debate my opinion and provide evidence to why I think I’m right…

The identity is irrelevant, going through the motions stays the same.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Some folks think that the blogs provide a free and easy way for uninformed, ignorant or even people with sinister motives to spread misinformation. I almost feel like, especially on sites like the QC Times, comments should be moderated more than they are. They don't print just any letter to the editor, right? Why should they print every anonymous and ignorant comment? Just some food for thought.

Anonymous said...

Meyer has Blues clue #1 & #2 on his site. He must be playing some kind of a game thinking that others can follow his clues. There is something about identity irrelevant and some kind of gibberish about who thinks this way?
I think he has completely lost all touch with reality. Is this all some veiled attempt to unmask Paine? Or, is he over the edge, never to return?

QuadCityImages said...

If Alderman Meyer had started his blog prior to 2005, he probably would have only served one term. I keep forgetting that "my IQ isn't high enough to understand it."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Meyer says:

"Blues Clue #6.......duh"

IQ 75 says:

......huh?"